Blog Archive

Friday, August 23, 2013

Bachelorette Party Prep!

Hello!

I hope everyone had a great Friday. Mine was super busy, so I'm actually relieved to be sitting on my couch watching Grey's and blogging on a Friday night. What has my life come to?

After I wrote this morning I got some Body Pump in, then did another one of Jess's workouts! These workouts are kicking my butt, and I'm ready for my rest day on Sunday!! I had a butterscotch frozen banana protein shake that tasted just like Cookie Dough! It is my ultimate favorite!!

After my workout I ran around doing errands and once I got home it was dinner time! Which was a burrito with a whole wheat soft taco shell, some salsa, cheese, and a little bit of plain greek yogurt, also with some broccoli on the side! Yum, yum! 

After dinner I had to get down to business on making some goodies for my 2 best friends' bachelorette party tomorrow night! I found a Lucky Charm Chex mix that looked fun so I decided to make that! I also made my friend Andrea's Chex mix for some salty food. The recipes are to follow! 

Lucky Charms Chex Mix found here:

Need: 
1 box Lucky Charms
6 cups plain Chex 
1 package white almond bark

Directions:
1. Separate the Marshmallows from cereal. (This reminded me of living in my sorority house when I would pick out all the marshmallows and eat them! I always got in trouble for that hee hee)

2. Combine the Chex and the Lucky Charms cereal (not including marshmallows)

3. Melt the almond bark as the directions tell you

4. Pour the melted almond bark over the cereal and mix (be gentle)

5. Add the marshmallows!

6. Once well mixed, lay out mixture on a cookie sheet and let sit for 20 minutes

7. Once hard break up up and put it in a covered container

8. Try not to eat all of it before you take it to your occasion (haha)

Now the issue is finding a container big enough to hold it... It'll be sitting in the fridge tonight!




Yummy Chex Mix

Need: 
1 bag plain chex
1 box Cheeze Its
1 bag Pretzels
1/2 bottle of Orville Redenbacher's Topping/Popping Oil
Dill Weed
Garlic Powder
Ranch packet

Combine Chex, Cheeze Its, and Pretzels
Add Popping oil and Ranch Packet
Mix
Add Garlic Powder and Dill to taste! 

I know it doesn't look like much, but this stuff is seriously ADDICTING!!!


So that's what has been going on over here today! I stuck to my calories, worked out, and am now just hanging out! Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow before the Bachelorette festivities begin!

Do you guys like Chex Mix?

Any fun weekend plans?




No comments:

Post a Comment