Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

New Job(s), New City, New things... Still Same 'Ol Me

Hey, hey! 

So, I have not written since March. Therapy school was keeping me so busy and I decided I needed to make it a priority in my life and that blogging had to take to the back burner for a while. But I'm back now! Let's take a moment to catch up.

New Jobs
I graduated from Radiation Therapy school in July and passed boards in August. So I am officially a Radiation Therapist! It was by far the hardest, but most rewarding year of my life. I learned so much about myself and really grew as a person. Now that I am official, I have accepted three therapy jobs, and continue to work at my x-ray job on the weekends. The job hunting process has been quite the experience! It has made me truly appreciate the connections I have made over the past year and am very excited to be working at three great cancer centers! 

New City
In July I moved to Lawrence with my best friend, Laura. We absolutely love living in Lawrence and love our apartment so much! I know everyone was a little worried that we were going to live with each other, but things are going well! We are both crazy busy and hardly ever see each other. But we manage to have roomie time every once in a while. Most people have that awkward time where they have to learn how to live with their roommate, but we didn't have to go through that. I guess when you know someone for 20 years you just kind of roll with it! It's great living with my best friend!


New Things
In the midst of being super busy with school and work I was able to celebrate a couple of special wedding days for some of my favorite people! In May my cousin Meredith got married to her lovely husband Steve, whom won our family over with his Tommy Boy impersonations. I said it perfectly when I woke up the morning after their wedding day squeaking out "That was epic..." because I had lost my voice. The best part is everything was free!! Right Uncle Jay? ;)  (I was too busy dancing, singing, and drinking to take pictures, but take my word for it... Mer looked amazing!)
We have also celebrated my cousin JD, and Keisha's wedding in Cancun in July! We had a blast in Cancun, it was so fun to spend so much time with my family and the wedding ceremony was absolutely gorgeous. You can't get much better than a groom who can sing, a stunning bride, and the ocean in the background. I'm so happy for both of my cousins, they are great examples of what true love looks like and they give me hope that I will have that one day! 
If we didn't know already, we definitely know now that our family is a blast! There is never a dull moment with them and I am so blessed to be related to them all!
Some of the family in Cancun!

I'm so excited to be getting back into writing again! I have so many recipe's I'm going to be trying out, and of course will be writing about my constant weight loss struggle, but we'll save that for another day :) 

I hope everyone has had a great summer and are as ready for the fall as I am! 

What was your favorite summer activity?

What are you looking forward to this fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment