Blog Archive

Monday, November 4, 2013

What's for dinner?

I have been on a total pasta kick lately! It seems like every recipe I find has pasta in it. Pasta is soo good, but eating it all of the time does not help with this whole weight loss thing I have going on! So how do I still get my Italian fix minus all the pasta? The answer is: spaghetti squash!!!!! 
I just recently found the amazing news that is spaghetti squash and have made it multiple times for dinner! I have made it in the microwave and the oven, either way works fine.  
First cut it in half, like the picture above shows. Then scoop out the goop (yuck!) 
If your using the oven: preheat to 375, brush with olive oil, salt, and pepper. And put on an oven safe pan. I put a little water at the bottom but you don't have to. Let bake for 45-50 minutes. 

Microwave: put about 3/4 cup of water in one of the halves, place the other half back on top, place on a microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for 10 minutes. 

When it's all cooked take it out and start scraping squash with a fork. Like so: 
When you scrape it all out put what ever you would like on it! Sometimes I do olive oil, Parmesan, and garlic. Tonight I made meat sauce with ground turkey! 


Okay it's not the prettiest picture, but it was soo good, and low cal! 

So, hope you guys try this and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment