Blog Archive

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bake

Happy Thursday! 

I woke up bright and early this morning to squeeze a 3 mile run in before I had to go to job #1! The only thing getting me out of bed was the fact that I got to watch another episode of Scandal. Holy crap I am hooked!! 

Olivia Pope you are my girl


So I finally got around to cooking something yummy last night! I have posted my obsession with spaghetti squash multiple times and it it still there! I found a similar recipe of this on skinnytaste.com but put my own little spin on it. The other recipe put the enchilada stuffing in the cooked spaghetti squash but I had too much stuffing to do that. 

Ingredients:
1 Large or 2 small spaghetti squash
1 Large can of enchilada sauce
1 pound shredded chicken
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 1/2 cups mexican cheese

Directions:
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half and take out the gunk. Cook spaghetti squash, either in the microwave or oven. Directions here. I baked mine in the oven for 40 minutes

2. While the squash is cooking boil the chicken breast and shred

3. Mix the beans, corn, enchilada sauce, some cheese and chicken in a bowl

4. When the squash is finished scrape the insides out! Be careful because the shell is super hot!

5. Layer the squash on the bottom of a dish

6. Put the enchilada mix on top and add shredded cheese

7. Bake it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted

And enjoy! This recipe is even roommate approved! And we will be eating it for days because it makes so much! 

Have a great Thursday everyone!

What show are you hooked on right now?

Have any other great spaghetti squash recipes I need to try?

1 comment: