Blog Archive

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup

Happy Thursday!! I am currently sitting in Starbucks typing up this post. I went to a yoga class super early this morning and had some time to kill before work so thought it was a great opportunity to treat myself to some Starbucks! It is so cold outside and this soup would be perfect for dinner tonight! 

I have been in love with anything with avocado's lately. So when I saw the picture for this soup, and it had avocado's on top I said "Um yep, I'm making this." 

I got this from the Six Sisters' website.

Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup
Cook Time: 4 hours
Serves:4-5                                
Calories per serving: 356ish

Ingredients
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken
1 cup salsa
2 cups frozen corn
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 Cups water
1 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 tsp dried cilantro
1 Cup shredded cheese

Toppings:
Sour cream (I use Greek Yogurt)
Diced Tomatoes
Green Onions
Cilantro
lettuce
Diced avocado
tortilla strips

Directions:
1. Spray crockpot w/ cooking spray, place chicken on bottom of crockpot
2. Combine cream of chicken, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and cilantro. Pour over top of the chicken.
3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken and place back into slow cooker and add cheese. Continue cooking until cheese has melted about 15 minutes. 
4. Add toppings and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment