Blog Archive

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Workouts, Concerts, & Things... Oh My!

Hello! 

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I had the weekend off.... What?! I know! This is the first weekend I remember having off where I have stayed in town and have done what ever the heck I want. I have loved every single second of it! 

Workouts
I woke up early yesterday morning to go to a Group Power class at the gym with my roommate. That gym. was. PACKED! It was a blast though. I love working out with Laura we have such a good time :) After that workout I headed over to Title Boxing in Lawrence to meet up with my friend Mallory! She has been a member for a while and loves it so I thought I'd go check it out! After learning how to wrap my hands I was ready for this new workout! It was a freaking blast, and I am super sore today. Of course, now I want to join and have to decide if I want to swing paying for 2 gym memberships... Help!!

I've also been doing some fun treadmill workouts I have found on Pinterest (what did people do without this site?). When I look for treadmill workouts I look for plans that change the inclines and speeds continuously. I've been getting my butt handed to me and it's been great. I've also been hitting up Group Cycle, Group Power, the stairstepper (UGH), and a yoga class every week. So that's what's been going on with that!

Concerts
I love music. Seriously. I grew up listening to classic rock with my dad, and country with my mom. A very large majority of my family (including extended family) are all very musical. I love listening to them all sing.. You are all amazing and my wedding is going to be like a dang concert :) 

Anywayyyy, back to music! I love concerts, from big names in huge arenas, to the little guys at random bars, I love it all! On Thursday I went to PBR Big Sky in Kansas City to see one of my favorite artists perform. Cody Johnson is a great country singer and we had a blast! I'll be super sad when he goes big and I have to pay more than $10 to see him but he deserves to make it big. 

I've also recently purchased my tickets for the concerts at the Cricket Ampitheatre! Holy crap, it is a steal!!! I get to see Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum, and Dierks Bentely (including all of their amazing opening acts) for $109. Hellooo!! One of my coworkers is going to Tim McGraw with me, and my mom is going to Lady A with me. That means I have extra tickets for Luke and Dierks. I accepts gifts ;)

The last concert I am super excited for is AC/DC at Wrigley field in September. I have grown up listening to AC/DC, I learned how to play air guitar while mimicking my dad doing it to "You Shook Me All Night Long." Not only are we huge AC/DC fans, but we are also Chicago Cubs fans! I know, I know the Cubs are terrible, but I love Chicago and Wrigley Field is the closest thing to heaven I have ever been to.  
So I have a lot of things to look forward to!

Things
Other than working out and planning all of these shenanigans I really haven't been up to a whole lot. It was nice having this weekend off. I was able to get a ton of meal prep done! I have a ton of egg white oatmeal, bags of veggies, chicken salad made with greek yogurt, and a couple of dinner meals ready for the week. I've been a busy girl :) Speaking of recipes! I rely heavily on Pinterest for recipes so if you are wondering what I've been up to go check this page out!


Since I talked about Pinterest a hundred times in this post :)

So this post has been a whole lot of rambling, thanks for sticking with me :) Maybe one day I'll have exciting things to talk about... 

How was your weekend?

How do you find recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment