Blog Archive

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's Sunday already? Why do the weekends have to go by so fast? It's just not fair! Anyway, I have had such a great weekend! It included a dive bar pub crawl, work, old chicago, and lots of time spent with friends.

Friday night I got to Topeka and helped my friend Lucy make dinner! She was in charge of the sweet potato fries and I was in charge of the Sloppy Joe's! It was delicious! I used this recipe for the Sloppy Joe's, highly recommend it! That reminds me, if you guys are interested in other recipe's I have tried and recommend head on over to my Pinterest page, especially the Recipes I Recommend board! I try to keep it fairly organized and updated. 

Sorry for the tangent! Onto the rest of the weekend's activities! We then headed out for an adventure in Topeka! We are sick of hanging out in the same places so we decided to broaden our horizons and check out some of the other bars! It was so much fun. A highlight at one of the bars is when a guy came up to us and asked "What exactly are you guys doing here? I don't mean to be rude, it's just you guys don't exactly fit in at this place!" It was hilarious! We had a ton of fun and think we have found some new places to hang out! 



I got to catch up with my best friend as well!

We didn't end up getting home until 3 am, which was brutal when I had to wake up at 6 to go to work. You know those people who can function on little amounts of sleep? Ya, I'm NOT one of those people. I was a zombie pretty much the entire day. When I got off work I headed back to my friends place and hung out on their couch before we went to Old Chicago for dinner. 

It was fun chatting with all my friends but I was in a hurry to get back to the apartment to watch my all-time favorite halloween movie, Hocus Pocus! I don't have cable so you better believe I planned my night around watching this! Surprisingly I stayed awake for the entire movie, despite running on 3 hours of sleep, it's that dang good! 

I woke up at 6 again on Sunday and headed into work. I got so much homework done it was so great to finally feel somewhat caught up! I get to start comping on exams this week, and it takes some preparation so that's what I had to work on. Of course, while working on homework I kept checking on the Chiefs score! They are quite impressive this year, it's fun to finally look forward to an NFL game especially since my Huskers have been a tad disappointing this year! Now, I plan on laying in bed the rest of the night watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix and head to bed early. 


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Also, my aunt said I had to watch this SNL skit from last night because of my Pumpkin Everything post! It cracked.me.up! Go check it out! 

Any highlights from your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment