Work has been absolutely insane lately. I'm talking not even getting 30 minutes to sit during an entire 12 hour shift for the past couple shifts so I haven't had much time to do anything! When I get home from clinical or work I eat and go straight to bed, it's pathetic but I'm hoping it will get better here soon! As busy as I've been this break I have been able to read a couple of books! I read Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and The Last Ride by Nicholas Sparks. I liked Me Before You the best but they were both good! The Last Ride is just a typical Nicholas Sparks book, but I always feel obligated to read his books when they come out. Me Before You is about a 26 year-old who has been hired to be a caretaker for a 30 year-old wealthy, quadriplegic. It was different than any book I've read and it really made me think about my opinion on a hot topic! That's all I'm saying, go read it and tell me what you think!
Okay, so while I've been perusing Facebook and Twitter I have gotten some serious travel envy. It seems everyone is going on fun trips and I wish it were me!!!! Seeing all of these trips has made me work on my Bucket List so I can at least feel like I have something to look forward to! Some of the things on my Bucket List are typical but I'm hoping I get to cross them off as the years go by. So here it is:
- Go to Mardi Gras- I've been to New Orleans but not during Mardi Gras, am hoping to cross this off with some of my friends in 2015!
- Go Snowshoeing in Vermont
- Become a Mom
- Get a tattoo- My group of friends all want to get anchor tattoos (one already has it). I have to wait until I am finished with college so I don't have to wait too much longer!
- Be a spectator at the Olympics (preferably snow boarding or swimming events)
- Party in Las Vegas
- Marry my Best Friend
- Jump off a waterfall
- Celebrate my 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Visit the Eiffel Tower
- Be a pitching instructor out of my own garage
- Become a Body Pump Instructor
- Visit Wilmington, NC (visit the show One Tree Hill's landmarks)
- Become a successful Radiation Therapist
- Run a Half Marathon
- Own my own Harley Davidson
- Start my own blog- make it successful (work in progress)
- Be a Bone Marrow Donor
- Visit Australia
- Go to a Body Pump release in New Zealand
I tried not to do anything to outrageous and hope one day they will all be crossed off! Making a Bucket List has really helped me realize that I will eventually have a life outside of school where I will get to enjoy these things and I can't wait until then!
One more random note... Have you guys seen this video? Get out the tissues before you watch it! Also, Christina looks and sounds phenomenal!