Blog Archive

Monday, January 13, 2014

Bucket List

Happy 2014!!!!!! I hope everyone has had a great start to their 2014! I thought my 2013 was busy, but I think 2014 is going to outdo it. I have recently picked up the 12 hour shift on Saturday and Sunday at work! Between school and work I officially have no days in my planner that don't have something written on them, but that's okay! I love being structured and have a schedule (and making money of course), so so far I really like my new gig! 

Work has been absolutely insane lately. I'm talking not even getting 30 minutes to sit during an entire 12 hour shift for the past couple shifts so I haven't had much time to do anything! When I get home from clinical or work I eat and go straight to bed, it's pathetic but I'm hoping it will get better here soon! As busy as I've been this break I have been able to read a couple of books! I read Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and The Last Ride by Nicholas Sparks. I liked Me Before You the best but they were both good! The Last Ride is just a typical Nicholas Sparks book, but I always feel obligated to read his books when they come out. Me Before You is about a 26 year-old who has been hired to be a caretaker for a 30 year-old wealthy, quadriplegic. It was different than any book I've read and it really made me think about my opinion on a hot topic! That's all I'm saying, go read it and tell me what you think!

Okay, so while I've been perusing Facebook and Twitter I have gotten some serious travel envy. It seems everyone is going on fun trips and I wish it were me!!!! Seeing all of these trips has made me work on my Bucket List so I can at least feel like I have something to look forward to! Some of the things on my Bucket List are typical but I'm hoping I get to cross them off as the years go by. So here it is:


  • Go to Mardi Gras- I've been to New Orleans but not during Mardi Gras, am hoping to cross this off with some of my friends in 2015!
  • Go Snowshoeing in Vermont
  • Become a Mom
  • Get a tattoo- My group of friends all want to get anchor tattoos (one already has it). I have to wait until I am finished with college so I don't have to wait too much longer!
  • Be a spectator at the Olympics (preferably snow boarding or swimming events)
  • Party in Las Vegas
  • Marry my Best Friend
  • Jump off a waterfall
  • Celebrate my 50th Wedding Anniversary
  • Visit the Eiffel Tower
  • Be a pitching instructor out of my own garage
  • Become a Body Pump Instructor
  • Visit Wilmington, NC (visit the show One Tree Hill's landmarks)
  • Become a successful Radiation Therapist
  • Run a Half Marathon
  • Own my own Harley Davidson
  • Start my own blog- make it successful (work in progress)
  • Be a Bone Marrow Donor
  • Visit Australia
  • Go to a Body Pump release in New Zealand
I tried not to do anything to outrageous and hope one day they will all be crossed off! Making a Bucket List  has really helped me realize that I will eventually have a life outside of school where I will get to enjoy these things and I can't wait until then! 



One more random note... Have you guys seen this video? Get out the tissues before you watch it! Also, Christina looks and sounds phenomenal!

No comments:

Post a Comment