Blog Archive

Friday, January 17, 2014

Fixin' Food Friday

It's Friday!!!! Even though I work on the weekends now I still look forward to Fridays! I've gotten into the routine of grocery shopping and making a big meal Friday night's. It gives me something to look forward and helps me unwind a bit. Plus then I have food to eat for the rest of the week! I have really been craving mexican food this week so I thought I'd whip up some Enchiladas tonight! 

I have made these enchiladas before and LOVED them. I'm happy I saved the recipe because the pinterest page no longer works :( I love this recipe because it is so low cal, or low points in my case, and it is seriously amazing. The greek yogurt might freak some of you out but I promise you can't even tell the difference between that and sour cream (promise!)  I use On the Border salsa and I think it added to the recipe! I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but here it is! 

Ingredients
Skinny Enchilada Filling
9 Tortillas (low Carb La Tortilla)
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast meat
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1/2 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cups Shredded Low-Fat 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese

Skinny Enchilada Sauce
3/4 cup Salsa
1/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Low-Fat Shredded Cheese

Directions
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and Lightly spray a 9×13 inch-baking dish with non-stick spray.

2.) Sautee onions and bell peppers in a small skillet using cooking spray till onions are lightly brown

3.) Mix sautéed veggies with non-fat greek yogurt, chicken, and cheese

4.) Spread 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla and roll into a small burrito. Place seam down into baking dish

5.) Mix Salsa and greek yogurt in a small bowl and spread evenly onto of tortillas, Sprinkle Cheese throughout


6.) Place foil over dish and bake Skinny Enchiladas for 15-20 minutes.




You know what would be good with this? Some Margaritas.... How in the world did I forget to pick some up at the grocery store?! Guess I'll be making these again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment