Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Crockpot BBQ Porkchops and Parmesan Roasted Broccoli


I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I love throwing things into my crockpot, leaving for the day, and coming home to the best smell in the world! Crockpots are amazing, the end. It is so easy to go buy some meat and a bottle of what ever sauce you'd like and throw them together and let them cook! I do this very regularly, as it's cheap and easy. I had no clue what to eat with these so I thought I'd try this roasted broccoli recipe I found on Pinterest! (How did people cook/bake before Pinterest?)

Crockpot BBQ Porkchops
I bought 3 thick cut porkchops and a bottle of sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. Threw them in the crockpot with a cup of water and let them cook for about 5-6 hours on low. 




Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
  • 12 ounces broccoli (I thawed mine out a little bit) 
  • 1.5 tbs olive oil
  • 1 cloves garlic, minced
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 Cup Parmesan
  • Juice of 1 lemon

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
  • Place broccoli florets in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
  • Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tender.
  • Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and lemon juice.

**Next time I'm going to use more broccoli

Fiestaware makes everything so pretty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment