Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

I have already mentioned how much I love using my crockpot! This is by far my favorite meal to make in the crockpot! I got it from the Skinnytaste blog! If you haven't heard of it, go check it out because she does an amazing job of breaking down the nutrients (eliminates a huge step for me!) and her recipes are so good! 

You can find the recipe here, the nutrients information is as at the bottom! Also, if you are a Weight Watchers person she breaks everything down into points. I'm tellin ya, the woman is amazing!

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion
  • 1 can (16oz) black beans
  • 1 can (16oz) kidney beans
  • 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
  • 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
  • 2 cans (14.5oz) diced tomatoes w/chilies
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1.5  boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • chili peppers, chopped (didn't use)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (didn't use)
Directions: 


  1. Combine beans, tomato sauce, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning and spices in crockpot.
  2. Mix together.
  3. Place chicken breast on top.
  4. Cook on low for 10 hours, or high for 6 hours. 30 minutes before you want to eat shred the chicken and mix together

Paired with some mixed veggies with some lime juice and parmesan cheese on it!

See, it is super easy, and it is going to make your house smell phenomenal! I had to work this morning so I put everything in the crockpot the night before. I also only cooked it on low for about 8 hours, shredded my chicken, and put it on warm while I went to the gym. Enjoy!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment