Blog Archive

Monday, October 27, 2014

Grandma's BBQ Meatballs

Hey All!! 

Happy Monday! I have had a very eventful couple of weeks and have had no time for blogging! To make up for it I am bringing you one of my favorite meals EVER! It is an unwritten rule that when ever we go and visit my grandparents in Crofton, NE my grandma has to make these meatballs or I am not a happy person. Finally, she gave us the recipe and I can make them when ever I want :) 

Grandma's BBQ Meatballs
Ingredients
Meatballs
1 pound hamburger (92% or higher)
¾ cup oatmeal
1 Tablespoon Onion
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¾ cup milk

Sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Cup Ketchup
½ Cup Water
¼ cup Vinegar
½ onion
¼ Cup chopped Green and/or red pepper
¼ Cup chopped Celery

Directions
1. Mix together meat mixture.  

2. Roll into balls.  Roll balls in some flour.  
3. In a skillet heat 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil and brown the meat balls.  
Hey Grandma! Yes, I put her to work!


3. After browning place them in a baking dish and cover with sauce and bake at 350˚ for one hour.
The sauce we threw over it! 

And I was just so excited to eat them I never got a final picture...... Just trust me, they are glorious and will make your house smell delicious! 

When I was looking for the recipe for these puppies I found an entire document of some of my Mom's best dishes so I am going to be making some of those to get up on here as well! 

Let me know if you make them!!

What recipe's have you guys been trying?! 

Where do you find your best recipes (family, pinterest, blogs)?

No comments:

Post a Comment