Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Loving Lately

Happy Wednesday!

I have been so busy with work I  haven't really had time to blog, or anything to talk about, so thought I'd catch you up on some things I have been loving lately! Hope everyone's weeks are going well! I'm enjoying a nice day off!

Loving Lately:

Fall Decorations!
I put our fall decorations up and it made our apartment look so festive! Fall is my favorite season so I couldn't wait any longer to get them up. 


My favorite decoration! Thanks Hobby Lobby!

Fall TV Shows!
Does anyone else feel like they can't do anything but sit in front of the TV on Thursday nights? Thank god for DVR because it takes me days to catch up on all of my shows. Some of my favorites right now are:

 Parenthood: I have watched this since it first started and it's now it's last season :( It is a great show that brings up many different medical issues, and makes sure they are accurate! It also makes me laugh, cry, and think! Great show!
Resurrection: It started last spring and I have been glued to it ever since! 
How To Get Away With Murder: Yet another Shonda Rimes show I am addicted to.. It's not too late to get hooked! Episode 3 is on Thursday!

Reading!
My favorite thing about being finished with school is I finally have time to read books without feeling guilty about needing to study! I have been a reading fool since school got out. I just finished "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty, and it was great! I'm on hold at the library for her other book "Big Little Lies." If you want to keep up with what I'm reading and/or wanting to read head over to my goodreads page here!

Also, if you have a tablet like an iPad or Kindle go check out your public library's page to see if you can get books on your tablet! All I had to do was download the Overdrive app and set my account up with my library and now I never have to go to the library! It's super easy!

Coffee:
I'm loving my coffee in bed, yes I realize it's 11 on a Wednesday, it's my day off and I don't plan on getting out of bed anytime soon :) I also love that I have been able to use my favorite coffee creamer! Sugar Free Pumpkin spice... 
A Little Piece of Heaven

Soup!
Another one of my favorite things that goes along with the fall is it is finally soup time! I have a million soup recipes on my pinterest board that I am going to be making eventually, but I have found a soup I can just heat up in the microwave! I have become addicted, and bought my grocery out of them on my last trip... oops!
It. is. amazing. Go get it and thank me later!
I actually made a Tortellini soup last night and it was really good! Recipe will be my next post!

Friend time!
So no one told me that when you grow up you NEVER see your friends. I thought when I was finished with school I would see my friends all of the time, but we are all just so busy it never happens. This weekend is going to change that! I'm going to a Sporting KC game with my roommate Laura, and one of my best friends Kaylie! It's going to rain, and we are going to freeze, but we're still going to have a great time! 
After work on Saturday I'm heading up to Holton, KS, where Kaylie lives, and hanging out with a ton of my friends I haven't seen in a very, very long time! This Holton trip has become somewhat of a tradition. We would go to Kaylie's parent's house every fall when we were in college and we would get into all sorts of trouble, and eat all of Kaylie's moms delicious food and it was always a great time! So despite working all weekend, I'm super excited to get to see my friends this weekend!

First Holton Trip!
Second Holton Trip!                   
So these are just a couple of things I'm loving lately! Of course I'm still loving my new car, his name is Ollie, the Altima :) Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Have any good book suggestions? 

What's your favorite thing about the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment