Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Protein Pumpkin Pancakes

Keeping up with my pumpkin theme for the week I made some protein pumpkin pancakes this morning! I can't even remember the last time I ate pancakes, and they hit the spot! 

I found the recipe here. They weren't as sweet as I was hoping but they were still pretty tasty! I think I'm going to add some truvia to my next batch. The recipe also says it serves 1, but I couldn't even eat half the batch, and it will probably turn into 3 servings for me. 

Protein Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional info: 276 calories for the entire batch

Ingredients
1/2 Cup oatmeal 
6 egg whites
1/4 Cup canned pumpkin
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Splash of vanilla extract

Directions
1. Blend oatmeal in blender
2. Add the rest of ingredients to blender and blend
3. Heat skillet
4. Make pancakes that are (hopefully) a lot prettier than what mine made
5. Add what ever you want on top! I just had sugar free syrup, but some banana on top would have been really good!



Hope everyone has a great day! I just finished cleaning our apartment. Now I'm going to cuddle up on the couch with Christmas music and read, oh how I love days off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment