Blog Archive

Monday, November 3, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Spice Muffins

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I worked all weekend, of course, so my weekend has officially started today! 

It is holiday central over here right now! I am so proud of myself I waited until November 3rd to turn on Christmas music! Usually it is November 1st right on the dot. Much to my roommates dismay I have been baking with Christmas music blaring this afternoon. I also managed to talk her into watching one of my favorite Christmas(ish) movies last night, The Family Stone. I have a serious woman crush on Diane Keaton. 

So anyway, back to the baking portion of this post! I have been slacking on making things with pumpkin so I'm going to be making up for it these next couple of weeks! Today I decided to try a recipe inspired by this post. I've been wanting low cal that I can have for a snack, or breakfast, and these looked like just the thing to try!

Pumpkin Pie Spice Muffins
130 calories a muffin. Serves 24
***I halved this recipe

1 Box yellow cake mix
1 Cup Water
1 Can Pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I seriously messed up and bought poultry spice.... Improvised with some cinnamon, truvia, and ginger because that's all I had)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients w/ mixer. Pour (or spoon) mix into muffin tin (I used cupcake liners as well). Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
I can't wait to try one after my run today! Stay tuned for more pumpkin goodness going on this week!

Any good pumpkin recipes I need to try?!

When do you start listening to Christmas music? 
25 days just isn't enough time to listen to christmas music! I need those 2 months :)


No comments:

Post a Comment