Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers

Hello!! 

It's finally my day off for the week and I haven't had a day off where I haven't had errands to run in a very long time. So, I plan on staying in bed, watching Netflix until I have to go to the gym later tonight. Speaking of the gym, I'm super excited because I've convinced my roommate to come to Group Power with me! Little does she know she is going to die and hate me for a couple of days, especially when she has to use the bathroom... But we'll let her figure that out tomorrow ;)

I have been eating these stuffed peppers for a week now, but I haven't gotten sick of them! That means they really are that good. The thing I loved about this recipe is I made 2 less peppers and used the left over stuffing for a burrito bowl, you would also use it in a taco if you would like. 

Enjoy!

Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
found here
Nutrition: Calories- 319 calories per serving, serves 10

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup dry brown rice
  • 3 medium red, yellow, orange or green bell peppers
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb chicken, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chiles
  • 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 3 Tbsp cliantro
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • 2/3 cup shredded cheese
  • Sour cream (or plain Greek Yogurt)
  • Salsa of your choice

Directions:
1. Prepare brown rice (I used 1 cup water)
2. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
3. Begin preparing peppers. Cut in half and take guts out. Put into a large pot of bowling water. Let boil for 4-5 minutes. Take out and drain. 
4. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in skillet and saute onions and garlic. Remove from skillet.
5. Heat another 1 Tbsp of oil and add chicken. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. 
6. Once chicken is cooked through turn to med-low heat and add tomatoes, onion mixture, black beans (washed and drained), corn, cooked brown rice, 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of chili powder, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until warm
7. Fill peppers with stuffing about 1/2 cup each
8. Cover baking dish with enough water to cover bottom
9. Cook for about 30 minutes, add cheese on top and cook enough 3 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment