Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cinnamon Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

I'm sitting here typing away while eating the best muffin I have ever baked! You should all know, I am not the greatest baker. I feel like if you are a good cook, than your baking skills aren't as great, and vice versa. But I may be learning a thing or two when it comes to baking! My biggest problem is I forget that in baking you have to be so exact with your measurements. I tend to estimate and that has gotten me in trouble a time or two... Oops! 

I believe I actually did exactly what I was supposed to with these muffins because they are amazing! They are even better than the Pumpkin muffins I made. (side note on those muffins: If you aren't going to eat the entire batch in 3 days freeze them!!!! Trust me.. My family and I learned that the hard way. I brought them home to show off my baking skills, little did I know they were little putrid piles of pumpkin... Yikes!) So I will not be letting that happen again and will be freezing these babies!

Enjoy!

Cinnamon Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins 
Original Recipe
Nutrition: Serves 12 (original recipe said 10). Calories- 151 per muffin
Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 Cup Fat-Free Milk
3 tbsp Canola Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg White

Topping Ingredients:
1 tbs butter, melted
1/4 Cup Quick Oats
1 tbs brown sugar
1/8 tsp Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
2. Line or Grease muffin tin
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
4. Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl
5. Slowly combine the wet ingredients to the dry
6. Spoon batter into muffin tin
7. Prepare topping ingredients in a bowl, and sprinkle on top of batter 
8. Throw into oven and let bake for 15-18 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment